In 2008, in Moscow, a small group of professionals headed by Pavel Muntyan and Vladimir Ponomarev launched a new animation studio and named it Toonbox. The newly-baked enterprise was specializing in high-quality animation movies and series for kids and adults. This May 2017, many ups and downs later, we are celebrating our 9th anniversary. A lot has changed in the past years: the studio has moved from Moscow to Cyprus and gained a lot of strength in terms of its team – today various professionals from Russia, Cyprus, Finland, Germany, Philippines, the U. S., Ukraine and Belarus are proud to call themselves Toonbox employees.
We are happy to share our achievements for the past 9 years with our partners and friends:
- Toonbox has produced over 280 animated projects which equals over 13 hours of high-quality animated content;
- Toonbox has provided animation services to international clients including Microsoft, Adobe, Ahmad, Nokia, Danone, AIG, Kaspersky Lab., Wacom, Braun, Oriflame, and Activision-Blizzard, to name but a few;
- Our series are being shown on 20 digital platforms and have over 20 merchandise license partners;
- Overall number of viewings of our series on YouTube and Vimeo far exceeded 1.4 billion;
- Official YouTube channels of our feature series Qumi-Qumi and Mr. Freeman have been awarded with YouTube awards for exceeding 100 000 subscribers;
- Our feature series for kids Kit^n^Kate has been translated into 17 languages and is currently on air in 126 countries, including territories of Eastern Europe, Russia, Finland, Benelux, Australia, South Korea, Portugal, Canada, the Middle East and Africa;
- Mr. Freeman has been awarded with the “Best Videoblog Award” in Berlin at the International Weblog Awards 2010;
- Qumi-Qumi (episode “The Third Eye”) was called the best animated movie of 2013 by Newsground.com and gained 3 awards from animation fests in Russia the period of 2012-2014;
- In 2016, Kit^n^Kate has been awarded with Pulcinella Award as one of the best series for pre-school kids.
We are looking forward to the years to come with global plans and endeavours.
Two of our features series have been extended for new seasons which are already in production. Kit^n^Kate can boast 72 new episodes to be released by 2019 with a slightly different format. Qumi-Qumi has been extended for two full seasons, or 104 episodes. The series has totally changed the format and is being done using the 3D CGI animation with VR-elements. The updated project has also slightly changed the time-keeping with 7-minute episodes instead of 11-minute ones in the first season consisting of 15 episodes. First 10 episodes are to be released by the end of 2017. We have also started the production of two brand-new series for kids which we will announce in the nearest future.
We sincerely thank all our partners and friends who supported us on our way and hope you will stay with us in many more years to come!